Friday, February 09, 2007

Strategy or Stupidity?


've been an ardent reader of the epaper editon of "The Hindu" since its launch a few months ago and became addicted to it after my move to Singapore. To compliment the idea, I should say its a wonderful service, especially for those who are away from Chennai (and India).

However, It came as a complete surprise to me (and a thousand others?) when I opened up the website as usual this morning and to my horror found that the epaper website was converted into a subscription based one. With heavy heart ;-) I had to digest the fact and then opened up the subscription charges page and was dumb struck at the pricing. A one year subscription is priced at INR 4000/- which is close to 3 times the print edition price!!!

I (maybe a thousand others as well!) simply could not understand whether there was any strategy involved or sheer stupidity in the pricing. With the booming internet usage and the lesser cost to reach out masses, the pricing should ideally have been the other way. I really wish someone can enlighten me on the reality behind such moves (!#$%^&*$%!%^)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who reads this stupid paper..worse than times of india..n ram is a big *%*&%*&%