Monday, February 05, 2007

A Real Performer!

Sunday morning, 4th Feb 2007, and as always I was hooked to the TV, flipping between the only two Tamil channels (Sun & Vijay) aired here in Singapore before my wife interrupted and wanted to watch 'Koffee with Anu' on Vijay TV which had Malayalam (and Tamil) film actor Jayaram and his wife Parvati as the guests for the show. For a chat / talk show that never had me or my wife glued to it ever before, this one was the most fantastic chat show's 've ever seen.

Jayaram is a real performer. His mimicry capabilities were incredible! His expressions like Sivaji Ganesan and Kamalahassan were too good. The most funniest part of the show was the hilarious narration of his honeymoon trip to Lakshwadeep. I just could not avoid my laughter whenever I think of it!

Again, narration of his friend, Thangappan during their stage performance days, Mammooty's description of their house, pulling his wife parvati during their visit to a cinema theatre in dubai were some of the awesome moments of the show. Definitely Jayaram and Parvati make a wonderful couple!

Definitely this episode has kept me on the watch for the future KWA shows. I heard (?) there is a Sathyaraj & Manivannan episode coming up. That should be an interesting contest, to see if it can topple Jayaram's performance in this one.

No comments: